Sunday, April 24, 2011

30 Day Yoga Challenge

I think I am going to do a 30 day yoga challenge. I got the idea for the challenge from Yoga Journal's 21 Day Challenge. I thought I would take this one step further and practice for a month straight instead of just 21 days. I was looking for something active that I could do everyday. Even the days when I work 12 hours. Since I can't run every day (well I could but, A. I don't think my knees could take it and B. I can't run on the weekends that I work) I thought this would be perfect. Plus, I am looking to extend my practice anyways. I also want to add head stands into my inversion practice. I am also doing this because I want to start a home practice. Usually when I practice at home I don't feel the same relaxed feeling I do after a class, and I want to achieve that even on my own. Yoga is suppose to be a personal practice, and I feel that if I develop my own home practice then it will help me even in class to focus on my body more, and not so much on the people around me.

Another challenge that I am going to take is a vegetarian diet. While I am doing this 30 day yoga challenge I am going to eat only vegetarian and vegan food. Lately I feel that I have been lacking in my healthy eating habits (I eat a lot of pizza). I have been a vegetarian before, but this time it is different. I want to make this more of lifestyle choice. I hope to continue this practice even after my challenge is complete. The only struggle that I see with this is when Paul and I got to Florida. For one, we will be in Miami and I am going to be tempted by all the delicious Cuban food. I wonder if I will slip up. Also, if Paul and I eat at a friend's house, and they serve meat is it rude of me to mention that I am vegetarian?


1 comment:

  1. It's not rude, but also it doesn't have to be an all-or-nothing thing unless you want it to be. In other words, if you get tempted when you're in Florida, that doesn't mean you have to quit trying to eat healthy. You could make more healthy choices, and then allow yourself certain things when you're on vacation. You get to decide how you want it to work for you, there's no rule that says eating vegetarian for yourself means you're never allowed to make exceptions. I think some people make the mistake of thinking well once they've "messed up" they should just return to their old habits, but we get to makeup the rules and decisions for a healthier life. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete