Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It's the Middle of January Already!!!!

It's already January 18th! and I have not even started my goals for the new year. Although the first week was hard with starting a new job, and getting into that rutine. On top of that I had to do things like get a TB test and a backround check that had to be done that week, and around my schedule. Then I went to visit Richmond for a week. Although I did say I would use that week to start my 2011 plan, that did not happen. Instead I just relaxed and saw friends, and well ended up coming home with a pretty narly cold. Although the good news is it is the first time I have been sick since moving to Montana!  But now it is January 18th and I have yet to start the new me.

So, tomorrow cold or no cold I am going to start my new rutine One of my goals is going to become a morning person. As most of you who know me, I am not a morning person. I am angry and violent, and it is just not pretty, Paul usually wakes me up with coffee and breakfast in bed to ease the pain. But, that is not going to last forever. So, I have been doing some research on ideas to get up in the morning. And, I think my problem is I have trouble going to sleep. I like to watch a movie or some TV before bedtime, and apparently that is not a good idea. The bright light of the computer keeps you up, and does the opposite from helping people sleep. So, my new rutine is going to be yoga, a hot bath, a book, and then lights out! So, this starts tonight and we will see what happens.

My trip to Richmond was a lot of fun, but it did not help my goal of not spending. So, that starts this week as well. So, even though I really want to go to some thrift stores and work on my house, that has to wait until February. I have spend way too much money in January.

My last goal is to start training for the Missoula Marathon that I have already signed up for. And, I have not run one day in January. I am going to start that as well. Although I might put that off for a day or two because the bouncing up and down is not good for my head. It is like I can feel my brain hit the sides of my skull. But, I did buy five classes at the hot yoga studio that I am going to do this week. Hopefully that will not only clear me up but also help with some detox and stress that has built up from not working out. And to work on saving money I am going to put a dollar in my money jar every time I work out. That way I save money and have some motivation to so.

What are your New Year's Resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment